They counted you out! Told you that you wouldn’t amount to anything.They said because of the things you have done you’ll never be able to witness to anyone. You haven’t really changed. Look at you, just look at you!
My goodness if people only knew the power of their words. Good thing God made us and not THEM. People are quick to write you off. Often times they can’t see what God is truly doing in your life and they allow their own selfish motives to infect their thinking.
On paper I am every bit of the statistic they said I would be. I was born with drugs in my system, parents were drug addicts, learned about sex and was an active participate in these explicit endeavors at an early age. My youth was riddled with step dad issues and a mother who condoned his logic. And often times I found myself trying to self-medicate to numb the pain of abandonment.
With all of these numbers, stats and I told you so’s flying around I had to begin looking up vs looking around. The reality is God’s plan can’t be understood by the human mind. We have the what Francis Chan (a well-known author of the book Crazy Love) likes to call “soda can ocean complex”. God is bigger than what we can understand.
People couldn’t understand how God would use all of those unfortunate events for his Glory. I will never forget this Pastor told me because of the ugly I have done people will not be receptive to my testimony. Boy was he wrong! Look at the odds that were against Paul. He was an executionist! What about the woman at the well? LETS BE REAL she was an adultress, a whore, a thot. Yet God not only healed them both but then used them to show everyone that it wasn’t about the odds but about the God.
3 ways we can ignore the Odds
- Who saved you? Who made you? Who defines you?
- (Deuteronomy 20:4 NIV) For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”
- (Psalms 48:14 NIV) For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
- Allows the mind to be in tune with God. It gives God the opportunity to speak.
- (Ephesians 4:23 KJV) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
- (Romans 12:2 God’s Word Version) Don’t become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect
- Telling your testimony to others. Speaking the Word of God.
- (Mark 5:19 ESV) And he did not permit him but said to him, “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”
“Father God thank you thank you thank you for the gift of forgiveness. Thank you that in you we are truly able to be all that you have called us to be. Father I want to say that I appreciate the odds that you have stacked against me Lord I bless your name for them because while they were hard to deal with they were necessary for my growth for my making. Lord I thank you that it’s not the odds that we focus on but it’s you. You are always and will always be greater than what we can conceive. Have your way in our lives we bless your name on this day. In Jesus Name Amen”